Thursday, March 17, 2011

////

Grandma's birthday/St. Patrick's Day



I got this while at one of my nursing homes and the first thing that popped in my mind was not that today is St. Patrick's Day but that it's grandma's birthday. She would have been 92 today. As bad as my memory is, grandma's birthday is one of a few that I remember. It's probably because it lies on a "holiday" but who knows if I would have remembered if that wasn't the case. I'd like to think that I would have.

St. Patrick's Day, in my opinion, falls under the category of being a non-holiday, along with Presidents' Day and Columbus Day. Valentine's Day is... debatable. (I'd like to sleep in my own bed tonight.) But I will go with the flow and wear green so no old ladies pinch me. Happy St. Patrick's Day and happy birthday grandma, whatever you may be.

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... March 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

    Yes, happy b-day grandmom. Keep blogging

  2. Mel said... March 17, 2011 at 11:39 AM

    Yeah, Grandma's Bday was always easy to remember. And I too don't know if I'd have remembered it anyway or if it was purely St. Patty's day that reminded me. Either way, good post :)

  3. tram said... March 18, 2011 at 1:37 AM

    it was the first thing i thought of today too. Happy Birthday Grandma.

Post a Comment