Sunday, April 17, 2011

////

Winning!

Charlie Sheen and I have one thing in common and that's winning. I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was at a slender 140 lbs, which means I won Bet #3 (check out the weight loss page) and the two losers have to wear super-tight scrubs for an entire shift. But the problem here is that I no longer work at Memorial Hermann so cashing in on this bet is going to be a problem... but I'm going to make it happen.




Saturday my friend Thang had a crayfish boil at his newly built, ultra modern home in West U. Everything was custom built. It had huge glass sliding doors which opened up to the backyard, everything was very sleek, and it even had a urinal (awesome). It was just "wow". That's what I want, a nice modern home built the way I want it... but that's not happening anytime soon. Maybe when all the kids are in college or if I ever win the lottery. Oh yeah, the food was good too.



Afterwards we made a quick stop to Rice Village and got some cupcakes at Celebrity Cupcakes. I'm addicted to cupcakes. :( We got the red velvet, carrot, and strawberry truffle. The cream cheese frosting wasn't as stiff as other places, it had almost a whipped consistency, which gave the illusion of being "healthier" but it didn't affect the taste which was really good. The carrot and red velvet were pretty good and the strawberry truffle was okay. Last time we went, we got the fleur de sel (french cocoa cake, caramel center topped with chocolate ganache and a dash of imported french sea salt) so if you want a rich, decadent cupcake, that's the one to get.



Celebrity Cupcakes
★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thang and I have a little rivalry and are constantly making bets on everything (weight loss, fantasy basketball and football). So this morning we played basketball and the bet was each block a person got, the other one would have to do five push-ups. We're not talking about a tipped ball block but those vicious swats that get blasted off the court. You know, those embarrassing ones that make everyone say "oooooohh!". In the end, I only got two blocks (which were quite spectacular if you ask me) but all is good since he did not get me once. Winning!

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... April 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM

    Oh Shit...Is it time for me to pay up too???

  2. JT said... April 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM

    Nah, I still have to lose 8 lbs more with our bet but I'm not sure if that's physically possible. Time to lose some muscle mass. :(

Post a Comment