Monday, May 23, 2011

////

Off the wagon

So the past couple weeks I haven't really kept up with my exercise and have been eating worse than usual. I was a little discouraged that I've remained at the same weight for over a month which made me stop trying. Just this past weekend, I ate Popeye's chicken with skin, mashed potatoes and a biscuit, Spring Creek BBQ chopped beef sandwich with potato salad and cole slaw, Ruggles Cafe bacon bleu cheese burger with fries, and 1/3 of a large pepperoni pizza from Pizza Parlor. The good news is that I didn't do any damage and didn't gain any weight. So now there's a little over a month left until the first weight loss bet is over and I need to refocus/rededicate myself... so that means not going over my set calorie intake limit, no more junk food (maybe) and exercise every day. It's going to be really hard to loose those last 10 pounds.

It's funny (not ha-ha funny) but every couple of years or so I'm always on a diet. Something would trigger me to start dieting (usually a gross picture of myself) and I would shed those pounds. But slowly the weight would creep back up, usually because I knew I can lose that weight again since I've done it before. It's a viscous cycle. But now, being so much older, I don't know if I could "easily" loose any weight I gain if I were to balloon up again. So my goal after all these bets are over is to maintain my weight, which will require a serious lifestyle change and maybe a long-lasting weight loss/maintenance bet... but who would be game for that?

Turn away if you are eating as you will lose your appetite if you look at the following pictures. I know I did.


I was supremely gross, not because of my hair or glasses, but for my rotund body. (2001)

My all-time heaviest of 160 lbs. You like my mini-afro puff? Yeah that's Lynn. She is not immune to the blacked-out eyes. It's only fair. (2006)

Check out the double chin. My cheeks are just oozing with fat. Baby Andrew gets the blacked-out eyes treatment too. (2008)

These are some pictures that had me saying, "Holy shit. I'm so gross." These were moments in time when I was my fattest. These are the pictures that triggered me to start dieting and exercising. I'm hoping to remind myself how fat I was and that I should never let myself go ever again.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment