Thursday, June 23, 2011

////

A day at the museum

Another perk of my job is that I make my own schedule. In the beginning of the month, Lynn went out of town for the weekend and the boys were with my parents so I decided to work on Saturday... giving myself a random weekday off to use later. Last Monday I decided to cash in... but what to do.

I decided on taking the boys to the museum since they're both in a dinosaur phase. Lynn had an appointment with the baby doctor so it was just me and the kiddos... a boys night day out. I thought I'd try the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land since we've never been and from what I read, the Paleontology Hall was under construction at the main museum. Tickets were cheaper at Sugar Land but not by much, $9 vs $10 for a child ticket, which starts at the age of 3. I could have lied about Andrew's age but I felt guilty. I considered it my contribution/donation to the museum. The museum itself was small, really small. But they had fun. They surprisingly had more full dinosaurs displayed than the main HMNS, eight if I remember correctly. The majority of our time was spent at the live frogs exhibit from around the world and the souvenir shop where they literally played with every animal/reptile/dinosaur toy they had. Afterward we went for lunch at First Colony Mall and I took them to their favorite store that's not Target... Barnes and Noble. It was good quality time spent with my boys.

"I so exciting!" -Andrew

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment