Monday, July 18, 2011

////

Keeping the (burger) streak alive

Last week I mentioned my addiction to burgers so when going out to eat yesterday, I couldn't help myself from ordering one. I'm not purposely eating a burger every week (because we all know how unhealthy that can be) but I don't crave anything else.

We had lunch at Barnaby's Cafe. I ordered the blue cheese bacon burger. It was between that and the green chile burger but I wanted that zing from the blue cheese. This burger was served with not-too-blue-cheesy blue cheese, two thick slices of bacon, a thick beef patty served on a whole wheat bun. The fries were the shoe string variety which were loaded on the plate, some of which were spilling off. Good burger, good atmosphere (it can get crowded) but kind of on the high end ($10). They make up for it by selling the "recession brownie" which is a teeny tiny brownie with a teeny tiny scoop of ice cream on top, all for $1. If you're a fatty, you may want to get several of these but the portion was good enough for me.


Barnaby's Cafe
★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

As for the rest of the weekend, it went like a blur. Most of the time was spent cleaning, organizing and Ikea building all in preparation for baby #3. It's been so long since we had a baby in the house, it almost feels new to us. I'm quite excited.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment