Thursday, September 15, 2011

////

Chick-fil-A-ish chicken sandwich



My new goal is to cook at least once a week and when I do, I am going to try new recipe. This week I attempted to make a good chicken sandwich like those from my favorite fast food chain Chick-fil-A. My recipe (adapted from two different recipes) is below:

2 chicken breasts (makes 4 sandwiches)
pickle juice
[marinate overnight]

1 egg
1/2 c. milk
[mix and set aside]

1 c. AP flour
2 1/2 Tbsp powder sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp salt*
[mix and set aside]

peanut oil - about 1" deep
[heat to 350F]

1. dip the chicken in the egg mixture. coat
2. then dredge chicken in flour mixture. dust excess.
3. fry in oil until golden brown. 4-5 mins.
4. put the chicken between some buns. top it as you wish and eat it.

*It was way too salty. Next time I'm cutting it down to 1 Tbsp. One recipe didn't even salt the flour, only the chicken itself. When eating a thick piece of chicken breast along with buns, it's doable but when eaten alone like a nugget, it's super salty.

Bored. Fried Oreo and fried pizza. Tasty but still super salty.

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Jon Tran said... September 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM

    Why did you do this. Warrior dash, fool. Ok, I'm also jealous.

Post a Comment