Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wedding, water and weigh-out

This past Memorial Day weekend was non-stop action. It was fun but very exhausting. I think I have finally recovered and it's Wednesday... and I just woke up from a nap... and I'm drinking coffee. So I'm good, for now.

Katie and David's wedding (Saturday)
I can't believe my cousin Katie got married. This is the first family member who is younger than me to get married, I think. There's only 30+ cousins to keep track of. But yeah, it was surreal. I can still remember Katie as a small I-wanna-squeeze-your-cheeks girl. Man they grow up so fast. The ceremony was short and sweet (30 minutes). That's how all ceremonies should be. The reception was nice. Fancy appetizers, 3 course steak dinner and the best part... open bar. The drink of the night was the Brass Monkey, in honor of the late Beastie Boy. A couple of family members (which won't be named) dishonored themselves by puking their wonderful dinner. Good times.








Galveston beach house (Sunday)
My sister-in-law Julie and her in-laws rented a beach house in Galveston and invited us over. The drive to and from the house was miserable. I should have known since it was a holiday weekend. We spent roughly five hours on the road, which involved a water bottle that was not used as it was intended. Can you guess for what? And for who? Besides the crappy drive, it was fun and relaxing.









Memorial Day at our house (Monday)
This was the day the lowest body fat bet ended and boy was it anticlimactic. No one tried during the last month of the bet and I essentially won by default. I'll take it. I weighed out at a slender 14.8% body fat and used the newly acquired funds to buy a new snowboard. Thanks guys for being fat. So everyone hung out at our house as each one tried to consume $100 worth of food, to make up what they just lost in the bet. We played random games once again (free throws, pushups, pullups) but it ended prematurely when feelings got hurt. Before you knew it, it was time for the boys to go to bed and everyone had to go. The holiday weekend was officially over.



2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Michael Tran said... May 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM

    Love the family shower pic!

  2. JT said... June 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM

    The family shower is a daily occurrence in the Tran household, well minus Tyson on my shoulders.

Post a Comment