Wednesday, August 8, 2012

////

It's my birthday?

As Johnny Tran would say, "Yes, indeed." My birthday ceased to exist once Tyson was born, which is two days after mine. The first days of August would be spent getting ready for Tyson's birthday party and my birthday would be pushed aside... or so I thought. My family proved me wrong and made it a special day.

At this point in my life, I don't want or need anything big. I'm already past the 30-milestone and I'm way past the "let's get drunk" phase. All I want is quality time with my family. I took the day off to do just that. To my surprise, I woke up to a donut cake made of Shipley's (my favorite). That's definitely a great way to start a day, albeit unhealthy. But hey, it's only your birthday once a year.


For brunch/lunch, we ate at Flora and Muse. I liked my eggs Benedict and the pancake the kids had was really good too. For dessert, we got some sweets at Sweet. We got cupcakes, a danish, milk tea with tapioca and a specialty coffee. I think we went a little overboard but again, it's okay because it's my birthday. We let the kids burn off the sugar by running around CityCentre.


When we got home, we swam in our little pool I bought on sale at Target. The kids easily spent over an hour in there. When we got back in, there was another surprise waiting... another cake.


This time it was a chocolate cake that Lynn made from scratch while we were in the pool. More sweets. And it was accompanied with cards and presents. I love how they decorate the wrapping paper, it's too funny.

Who's birthday is it?
It was a good day.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment