Thursday, August 16, 2012

////

Tyson will grow up to be a...

Basketball playing, scholarly physician. Well that's according to the items he chose. When Jacob turned one we placed random items in front of him and depending on which one he picked, it would predict his future. We heard about this somewhere and didn't know how to "officially" do one of these future predictor things and just winged it. As for Andrew, we totally forgot about. Now that Tyson is one, my mom nagged me about it and if it wasn't for her, I'd probably forget again. I decided to research it and see what items to put out and how to interpret them. Apparently this is part of Korean celebrations when a child turns one called toljabee.

For the most part, the meaning of the items is self explanatory. Like if money was chosen, that would mean they would be rich. But if a knife was chosen, many people (websites I Googled) say the child will become a chef. Couldn't it also mean the child will grow up to be a murderer? I believe it's up to your interpretation. It doesn't really matter... this is just a fun little game.

These are the items I put on the table.


Tyson immediately reached for the toy basketball. My interpretation is that he will become an NBA player. He's going to be the next Jeremy Lin. Not because he's Asian but because he's a Harvard grad and plays professionally. I don't want a dumb jock. Second, he went for the stethoscope. Immediately people will assume doctor but nurses use one too. Being involved in healthcare is in his future. Lastly he went for the book. He's going to be a scholar or just a person who loves to read. I'd be okay if any of these predictions came true.

Tyson Tran, M.D.

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. tram said... August 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

    YES! The Koreans! I saw it the first time at a Korean baby's 1st birthday.

  2. Jon Tran said... August 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM

    Multiple $100's? Baller.

  3. JT said... August 20, 2012 at 10:58 PM

    I like to give the illusion of baller status but the reality is that I'm far from it.

Post a Comment