Tuesday, November 20, 2012

////

How early is too early?

When is the appropriate time to put up a Christmas tree? I've grown up to believe that the earliest one should put up a tree was the day after Thanksgiving.  This was always the standard... or so I thought. But in recent years, I've noticed Christmas decor appearing earlier and earlier. Christmas music is already playing 24/7 on one radio station and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. But I don't care. Why not put a tree up early? The earlier it's up, the longer you can enjoy it. Besides, Christmas is my favorite time of year.

I brought out our artificial tree at the second week of November but never got around to fully decorating it (busy yo). Every day we would put an ornament or two. It took multiple days to decorate this tree. As of today, I'm not even sure if we're done yet. At this rate, we will have a fully decorated Christmas tree by the day after Thanksgiving, the standard earliest time to have one up.




2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Alexandra said... November 25, 2012 at 4:19 PM

    Merry Christmas to all of you!! Or is it too early?
    Alexandra

  2. JT said... November 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

    It's never too early. And happy new year to you!

    Well, that might actually be too early.

Post a Comment