Wednesday, August 20, 2014

////

Sleepy eye birthday

In the mist of all the summer birthdays, mine was some where in there. Just last weekend, we had dinner with my in-laws to celebrate all the August birthdays. There are seven birthdays this month. Seven! And I share the same birthday with two relatives on my side of the family (Nesbitt and Chi La). Craziness. Babies love to come out in August. It's probably because it's too dang hot during the summer and they need to escape.

As mentioned before, my birthday is two days before Tyson's so I'm writing this out of chronological order. My big day started with a trip to the DPS to get my license renewed. I must have woken up too early or my old age instantly kicked in but I looked old and tired. It was not a good day for picture taking. Now I'm stuck with this nasty picture until I'm 40!

Look at my asymmetrical eyes!

But I wasn't tired. Depressed maybe (due to being a year older and/or the crazy hot weather) but not tired. For some odd reason, one of my eyes had a triple-eyelid. Most Asians want the double-eyelid (the lid crease) and even have surgery for it. In my case, I had too many creases, making it look like I had a sleepy eye. Dammit.

Donuts for breakfast with a side of sleepy eye.

Ah my eye needs to wake up!

Whatever nasty eye, you will not bring me down.

But my ill-shaped eye didn't totally ruin the day. In the afternoon, we hung around the CityCentre area to shop and ate burgers at Grub Burger Bar, the College Station import. Not bad.

Sweating with my boys at CityCentre.

For dinner, we went over to the Nesbitt's house for steak night. A relaxing night as Mike and I celebrated our birthdays. Unlike what happened ten years ago...

Dual birthday celebration. Austin, TX. (2004)

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment