Wednesday, October 15, 2014

////

Heads or tails?


Taking on the role of the crazy Asian parent, we usually freak out when the kids get something wrong on their school work. Anything less than a high A (< 95) is unacceptable. We go through their homework and graded assignments to review anything that was incorrect. So when we saw this on Jacob's quiz, it was like WTF?

I asked Jacob why he picked heads and not tails, which was obviously the tails of horses.  He responded, "It's two girl heads. They have long hair. And they are sitting in a chair."

Uh, okay. Yeah, I see that too. After he told me that, that's all I see now. Without color and proper detail, the picture is quite ambiguous. It's a trick question! We need to have a talk with his teacher to get this question reversed. In addition, he should get bonus points for thinking abstractly.

As I was writing this, I noticed that #4 should have been marked wrong. It's clearly not a bench. Maybe the teacher made the same mistake as Jacob, overlooking the one letter difference between the two answers. I guess that makes up for missing #2. That's the universe correcting itself.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. tram said... October 17, 2014 at 9:45 PM

    That kid is brilliant! I see the 2 girls' heads now - so obvious!

  2. JT said... October 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM

    He's a G/T student for a reason. ;)

Post a Comment