Tuesday, July 28, 2015

////

The Greatest Show on Earth

That's the slogan for Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey circus. And after watching it this past weekend, I would have to respectfully disagree. The last (and only) time I've went to the circus was when it was still held at The Summit. I had fond memories of that venue and of the event but that was decades ago so I wanted to relive that experience with my own kids.

They had the same stuff as they did 20+ years ago: elephants, lions, tigers, clowns and a trapeze act. But it was all... okay. Some acts were entertaining and the things they did takes great skill but I wasn't that interested. As a kid, I thought the circus was pretty cool but seeing it now, not so much. It's like when I watch my favorite childhood TV shows today, I realize that it's total crap. (Except for Saved by the Bell, that show is still awesome.) It's a little depressing. But as long as the kids enjoyed the experience, that's all that matters. Twenty years from now, they will realize for themselves that the circus isn't the greatest show on earth.

Damn it's hot outside (100F).

The family at intermission (and I'm contemplating about leaving).

But I still like the elephants.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment