Tuesday, March 15, 2016

////

Boys only (San Antonio, TX)

I had a bunch of hotel points that were set to expire at the end of March so I needed to use it or else it would all go down the proverbial toilet. The easy solution was to use it somewhere close, i.e. in Texas. But where? We were in Austin last summer so that's relatively recent. I can say the same with Dallas. But the last time we were in San Antonio, we only had two kids... and that was five years ago. So on Monday (first day of Spring Break), we were off to the Alamo City.


Food-wise, I still think Whataburger is better than In-N-Out.

But this trip was boys only. Baby Elliot can only last so long in the car before she explodes. And forget about driving at night, it's game over. Since there's no way she could handle a road trip, it was just me and the boys. They wanted to check out Sea World since they don't remember their first trip and Tyson didn't even exist yet.

Front row.

The main attraction.

Enjoying blue fluffy sugar.

It was hot. The sun was blazin' and shade was hard to find since it was so crowded with the other Spring Breakers. I can't imagine how nasty it is during the summer (and I don't plan to find out). We watched some shows, one of which was the obligatory Shamu show. We checked out the other exhibits, walked around a bunch but once Tyson fell asleep and the big boys began to slooow down, we called it a day.

Andrew loves stuffed animals. #foreveryoung

Overall, it was pretty fun and not as stressful or difficult as it could've been, especially when you're looking after three crazy boys all by yourself. I was prepared with a backpack full of snacks and drinks but nothing can prepare you for the heat and the crowd. Yuck.

Goodnight Jacob and Andrew... and giant killer whale.

Update (3/22/16): One day we were having lunch at my mother-in-law's house, telling everyone about our trip to Sea World and that's when someone asked, "Haven't you seen Blackfish?" Um, no. Apparently it's a documentary about killer whales in captivity. So naturally, I had to watch it immediately. Dammit. We just supported the evil Sea World. If I would've known, I would have never taken them there. Now what about the other captive animals? What about the zoo? Should I not support the zoo anymore? But the kids love seeing the animals. Ugh, ignorance is bliss.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment