Tuesday, June 19, 2012

////

My Father's Day

Usually for any kind of holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas), we spread it out. Even for Mother's Day we did something on Saturday and Sunday but not for Father's Day... we crammed it in all on one day. Why? Because Saturday was spent at a neighbor's kid's birthday party in the afternoon and eating a cheap $3 pizza buffet at night. Note: A buffet that cheap and at that location (Missouri City) will attract a clientele I would rather avoid.

My Father's Day started on Sunday morning when we went out to eat breakfast at Empire Cafe. Everything was good (pancakes for the boys and a frittata for me) but what was especially surprising was how good their veggie patty tasted (from Lynn's DK Special). It was like eating a real sausage patty without the grease. It was unreal.

Milky Way: iced espresso with caramel, hazelnut & chocolate syrup and cream

In the afternoon, we went to Lynn's aunt house for a Father's Day lunch with her side of the family. BBQ was on the menu and I ate even though I wasn't hungry. That wasn't the only time I overate this weekend (see crappy $3 buffet above).

D'oh! I overate again.

For dinner, we took my dad out to Pho Hung By Night in Alief. The Vietnamese people sure love their "By Night" as seen with Pho Binh By Night and Paris By Night. The pho was good but a little on the fatty/greasy side. My mom raved about the tender calf meat they served (so much so she ordered an extra plate). It was definitely tender but it made me feel guilty eating it. I'll stick with my full grown cow meat.


And my favorite part of the day, gifts from my boys.


I got updated hand prints!


That's a picture of Jacob and I flying our big Styrofoam plane.


"My papa's name is papa." Nice. And I thought #8 was funny.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment