|Woke up with abs and a baby on my leg (an extra 20 lbs I need to cut before my fight).|
Leading up to the competition (and I'm not trying to sound like a badass), I wasn't nervous or scared. I was more eager, ready to go... to get it over with. So I can take a break from training to heal my injured ribs. So I can stop thinking about my diet and weight. So I can fucking eat again.
|Here we go...|
The way our bracket/division worked, I had to fight the same guy again for the championship match. He ended up destroying another guy in our division 19-0 so we had to do it all over again. Dammit. But this time, I knew what to expect. The speed and strength during competition are on a whole 'nother level compared to training at school and this time I was ready for it.
This time, it was much better. I won. Submission via triangle choke. Whew. It's over.
|WHITE / Master 2 / Male / Light-Feather Champion!|
|Thanks to Prof. Marcelo "Uirapuru"!|
|Part of my support group. ❤|
|My big girl and my busted up face.|
A trip wouldn't be a trip unless we ate some good food but of course
- Summer Moon Coffee - anything with Moon Milk! we went three times during this trip (BEOTT)
- Chi'lantro - kim chi fries w/ ribeye (excellent), Korean chicken wings (good)
- Pinthouse Pizza - awesome pizza and there's plenty of beer choices
- Kerbey Lane - summer menu: lemon poppy french toast and cinnamon-beignet pancakes
- Tan My Restaurant - good ol' Vietnamese food
- Shake Shack - tried the hot chicken sandwich (yes)