Tuesday, July 6, 2021

////

Fourth of July

I ate too much sugar on this holiday weekend. We had two dozen donuts, 24 donuts, which happened when Lynn and I each ran errands and came home with a dozen donuts. Great minds think alike. Naturally I had to eat as much as I could since they wouldn't be good the next day... and the fact that they're my favorite sweets. On top that, we always make desserts for July 4th. Lynn made a strawberry cheesecake and banana pudding. I made a lemon loaf. We also already had cookies from days prior and a ton of ice cream in the freezer. It was sugar overload.

For lunch, we had burgers. For dinner, we went over to my parents' house to have ribeye steaks. I cooked half of the steaks (4) and my dad grilled the other half. Let's just say I didn't eat any of my dad's steaks. I like my meat with some pink in the middle... not my dad though.

My burger: bacon, caramelized onions, and American cheese.

Watching him break his hot dog eating record... before ESPN had technical difficulties.

My steaks (left) vs my dad's steaks (right). I mean, his steaks look good.

It's been raining on and off all week... and when it rains, it pours.

Burning off dinner with some indoor volleyball.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment