Thursday, August 23, 2012

////

Good music

More often than not, whenever I turn on the radio I'll hear Rihanna, Katy Perry, Pitbull or some other overplayed song. And I like Adam Levine but if I ever hear "I'm at a paaaayphone..." I immediately change the station. For the majority of the time, I just leave it on ESPN Radio (97.5 FM). But that  can get irritating too. I can only listen to so much of Penn State and Sandusky. So then I go to my backup, my "mix-tapes" (mp3's on CD).

They're all old songs. Nothing current but I can always listen to them. It never gets old. Here's a sample of what might be playing in my car at any given time. To me, this is good music.


That bike gang is fucking cool. I think my thick frames will get me in with them but they can't get me to wear a jean jacket with a graphic on the back. That's a deal breaker.


The videos from the 80's/90's are so very random. It's so artsy that it doesn't make sense to me. That's probably because I'm dumb. Nonetheless, I still like this song. (Going to see them in October!)


I can listen to this song forever. Actually, I can listen to the entire album forever (Hot Fuss).


It's too bad there's not going to be another album. He's too busy getting divorced by Zooey Deschanel and working with some other band (Death Cab).


Yes, I still like club/techno/house music. Good workout music.

9 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Mel said... August 24, 2012 at 8:10 AM

    Other than deadmau5, this is totally me too.

  2. JT said... August 24, 2012 at 8:27 AM

    You know what Mel, I forgot to add a K-pop song. S.E.S. forever!

  3. Jon Tran said... August 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM

    I still love EDM (Electronic Dance Music) an absurd amount. I somehow thought I would grow out of it, but now it's all that I got in my car (besides ESPN Radio/NPR). Ultra Music Festival '13 BABY.

  4. tram said... August 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

    Being so much older than you, I surprisingly have the same music taste as you..except I don't know "deadmau5". I love it that you love 'hot fuss' - that album turned me into a killers fanatic. and I love love love new order's 'run'..

  5. tram said... August 26, 2012 at 10:19 PM

    Have you heard the killer's cover of "Shadowplay" (Joy Division)...my boyfriend Brandon was also obsessed with new order/joy division/morrissey.

  6. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... August 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

    Jimmy, i didn't read this until nowbut i am getting a cd burned for me because I too can't stand the radio. this morning to be exact.
    we have something in common...I too have Mr. Brightside

  7. JT said... August 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM

    I'm sure you already know this fact but The Killers got their name from a New Order music video.

    Yeah seems like deadmau5 is the oddball out. This was just a tiny sample of what I have playing. I have plenty more club music (Tiesto, Oakenfold). And I left out my favorite group from the 80/90's... Pet Shop Boys.

  8. tram said... August 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

    PET SHOP BOYS!!!!!! Don't you love the beginning of Suburbia...

  9. JT said... August 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM

    I love all things Pet Shop Boys.

Post a Comment