Wednesday, May 22, 2024

////

I'm back...

Back at where I started.

It's been over a year (roughly 17 months) since I last seriously trained jiu jitsu due to my neck injury. I was a bit hesitant to come back because the last thing I want to do is to reaggravate it and relive that miserable life of constant pain. 

But when I would talk to other people who train, I would get that itch again. I missed the training, the camaraderie. Ideally, I would've returned to my previous gym (Pablo Silva BJJ) where the training is the best of all of the gyms I've visited but I had to be realistic with myself... my body wouldn't be able to sustain the intense training... and there would be a higher risk of getting injured again.

So with that, I went back to where it all began... Gracie Barra. The training is not as intense but enough for what I'm looking for. And besides, it's more fun to choke out people you know (see picture above).

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment