Wednesday, January 8, 2014

////

Goals for 2014

It's a new year and time for the obligatory New Year's resolutions. But when I was thinking of my goals from the past, it was so nebulous. Like stay healthy or eat better. It needed to be more defined. It needed to be measurable. And it shouldn't always be a fitness goal or something you dread (like give up soda) but it should be something fun too. So with that, here are my 2014 goals.



1. Exercise at least twelve times a month. (3x/week)
To make it more fun, I decided to create a group to motivate others in the process. The rules are simple... pay $20 per month if that quota is not met. At the end of the year, the pot will be split among the people who never had to pay. I'll post more info on my other webpage dropthatzero.com, a fitness-related site geared towards the regular/busy/family/working person, but I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet (which is addressed in my other goals).

2. Finish what you started.
My bad habit is starting a new project but not following through its completion... either because of time or shear laziness. My goal is to focus on one project and one project only... and completing it! Ugh, I just want to give myself a lecture over this.

3. Take a daily picture.
This is a "fun" goal. I read about this somewhere and there are a few apps revolved around this idea. Uh, I like to take pictures. Sign me up.

4. Goodnight kiss.
This one I heard from the priest during my friend's wedding. I think it had to do with something about not going to sleep angry but I'm never mad at my wife. ;) I just like the idea of kissing her everyday. ♥

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... January 9, 2014 at 2:51 PM

    Jimmy....#4 is so sweet!

  2. Edwin and Lilly said... January 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM

    Good goals for the new years! ;)

    And p.s. -- so curious to hear what your top projects are? Home projects? Art masterpiece? Learning a new trick or trade? :)

    Happy New Year!

  3. JT said... January 16, 2014 at 11:20 PM

    My current project is setting up a PC to watch movies and TV shows. I finally canceled cable (something I never used) and stopped throwing away $100 a month.

Post a Comment