Wednesday, September 3, 2014

////

Labor Day weekend

On Labor Day, most people don't have to go in for work. And that includes my parents. My mom had asked if the kids wanted to stay over and I said no. "Oh, you guys have plans?" she asked. Not really, but I would like to spend some time with my own kids! Ever since I told my mom of my possible plan of moving, she wants to take the kids every chance she gets. And this weekend was no different.


For example on Saturday, we went over to the Nesbitt's house to eat (a big ol' steak) dinner and watch the first Texas game (hook 'em horns). My mom told me, "You can bring them over afterwards to sleep over." No, it'll be too late. She replied, "Okay, I'll go to church tonight so you can drop them off first thing tomorrow morning." (This is all translated to English of course.)

Even though they're all asleep, my mom would still want them.

On Sunday, the in-laws had a birthday party for one of Lynn's cousins and my mom made the same request of having the kids come over afterwards to sleep over, since she didn't have to work on Labor Day. Okay fine. But the reality is that the boys aren't going to do much of anything when they get there. By the time we got to my mom's house, it's close to 10 pm and now it's time for bed. But she doesn't care, she still wants them.

Eating outside. It didn't take long to get H-O-T.

So on Monday (Labor Day), I came in the morning to rip the kids away from my mom. Sure I felt bad about it but I too need quality time with them. There was nothing planned. I just asked them what they wanted to do. "Buy toys!" Okay... what do you want to buy? "Hexbugs!" Andrew's been on a Hexbug craze as of late and his enthusiasm got Jacob into it too. Apparently Andrew wants an "army of Hexbugs" and our day revolved around that. First store, too expensive. Second store, not in stock. Third store, bingo. All this trouble for dang Hexbugs. Hexbugs!

Andrew's army.

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... September 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM

    But but but...I'm on your mom's side... I know the feeling....LOL

    I miss my Luke Paulina & Nic...

  2. JT said... September 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM

    I'll have my mom come to you for consoling if that day ever comes. :)

  3. Edwin and Lilly said... October 1, 2014 at 3:25 AM

    awwww, tis' so sweet! yes, cherish the constant "battle" with the grandparents for the kids....since once you move, it'll be no more. You'll be on your own! muhahaha. :) j/k. -lilly

Post a Comment