Wednesday, September 24, 2014

////

Date night with the boys

Every once in a while, it's nice to spend one-on-one time with each kid. Full attention. No distractions. Solid quality time. Each kid acts differently when they don't have their brothers around to play with (or to bother them). Looking back, it's been over two years since the last time I've spent time with only one of the boys. It's been long overdue. Just the other day, I got to spend a little time with Andrew. It wasn't anything big, we just spent a couple hours at Barnes and Noble. I worked as he did his homework (and ate a huge cookie). He's a totally different person without his brothers. I feel like he thinks that we always lecture and yell at him. This is partially true since he's constantly fighting with Tyson (or vice versa) and he's always mad that Tyson gets his way. "Of course Tyson can play while you do homework, he doesn't go to school!" So I wanted Lynn to see the true Andrew... the no distraction, lovable, affectionate, wild Andrew, and encouraged them to spend one-on-one time together.

While they went out of their date, I had my own date with Jacob and Tyson. Jacob ate his favorite food, macaroni and cheese. When it came to choosing his side which included oranges, apple, carrots, broccoli, salad or french fries, he had a dilemma. "I don't know which one to pick. I want carrots AND broccoli." That made me laugh. If only all kids had this problem... which vegetable should I pick??

Jacob finished two bowls of mac and cheese!


Tyson being a goofball.

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Edwin and Lilly said... October 1, 2014 at 3:27 AM

    love the satisfied look on Jacob's face! lol! -lilly

Post a Comment