Wednesday, September 10, 2014

////

Boyhood

So we finally got around to watching Boyhood, a movie that followed the life of one boy and his family over a span of 12 years. It was neat to see the actors grow up in front of your eyes in 2 hours and 45 minutes. (Yes, it was a long movie.) And then it made me think, will I be sad once all the kids leave home? I don't know. Probably? Who am I kidding, I'm sad now watching Tyson grow up. Being that he is in all likelihood our last child, every milestone is bittersweet. And yesterday, he started preschool.

Well I wouldn't call it preschool, it's barely school. It's only two days a week, three hours each day. But it was his first time ever to be left alone by himself, without a familiar face. And that's a big step. He's so grown up now! When I asked Lynn, she said he cried... like bawling loud cry. So sad. There was another kid in his class already crying so Tyson just followed his cue.

I don't wanna go to school.
That's what he kept saying afterwards. Things will get better, I'm sure. My baby is a big boy now.

Happy and ready for school. Turtle power!

His first school work. Not looking happy anymore.

4 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. tram said... September 12, 2014 at 11:10 PM

    I dig little man's haircut.

  2. JT said... September 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM

    Cut by yours truly.

  3. Unknown said... October 8, 2014 at 11:20 PM

    I can't believe he is in pre-school already!

  4. JT said... October 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM

    I know! You should at least meet him before he starts real school.

Post a Comment