Wednesday, July 3, 2024

////

My new car

2024 Tesla Model Y (Long Range All-Wheel Drive)

A couple of months ago, I bought myself a new car. 

We would eventually need another car since Jacob would be starting college this fall and Andrew would still need one for school and extracurricular activities. At the time of purchase, we still didn't know where Jacob would end up. Fast forward to today, he will be going to Texas A&M at Galveston for the first year and living on campus so the plan for him is to be starting college without a car. That just meant I could've waited another year to get a new car but I'm glad I didn't.

I've always wanted an electric car but had a bit of range anxiety since there's not as many charging stations as there are gas stations. But the prices on Tesla dropped so much, on top of the available $7500 tax credit, I had to pull the trigger.

The Tesla buying experience was a bit uncomfortable for me. Everything was done online and through the app. I didn't talk to a single human. Even taking delivery of the car had minimal human interaction. That's good and bad, I guess. I was glad to avoid the salesman's warranty pitch or any other upsell. But I wanted someone to talk about the car because I don't know what I don't know.

Picking up the Tesla was both exciting and nerve-racking.

I've already spent so much money buying accessories for it: 
  • XPEL Prime XR Plus tint (needed the extra privacy)
  • Tesla roof racks (for the cargo box on future road trips)
  • Wheel covers (the stock covers are ugly)
  • Mud flaps (to protect the paint from rocks, etc.)
  • Magnetic phone mount (to safely watch Netflix on road trips)
  • Floor mats (the carpet mats were meh)
  • Trunk liners (there's no protection in the trunk)
  • Car mattress (for future car camping)
  • Console insert bins (more organizational storage)
  • Wall connector charger (fast home charging)
  • Mobile charger (just in case)

Here's the final look of my new Tesla.


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment