Thursday, May 26, 2011

////

Jacob graduates preschool

Last night we went to Jacob's graduation ceremony. It seemed a little chaotic, which is expected when you are dealing with a bunch of little kids, but that made it fun.


Below are excerpts from Jacob's dictation journal we received at the end of the school year:

Tell me something you can do with your hands.
To get things. Yes sir-ee. Mmm, I I I, I don't know.
He sounded so sure of himself and then back tracked.

Something I know about Texas.
Cheetahs, they run fast.
Cheetahs in Texas? Only in the zoo buddy.

Tell me about the Texas flag.
It's a rectangle. There are a lot of rectangles.
True. I wouldn't have thought about that fact but he is right.

My favorite Texas crop.
(shaking head - no favorites)
I don't even know. Corn? Does Texas grow corn?

What is art?
Paint!
So enthusiastic.

Something I learned about the Philippines.
I don't know. Looks crazy (the flag) with a sun. 
"Looks crazy." Haha.

Something I learned about Japan.
I I I don't know.
Anything Jacob...

Something I learned about Ireland.
I don't know. Nothing.
Looks like someone was sleeping during class.

Something I know about dinosaurs.
T-rex. Brachiosaurus. Triceratops. Stegosaurus. Microraptor. Spinosaurus.
Wow. Busting out with the microraptor on your teacher.

What is your favorite dinosaur?
Spinosaurus.
No idea. I had to Google this one. Apparently it's bigger than a T-rex.

What do you think made the dinosaurs extinct?
Asteroid. I seen asteroids.
Really? You seen asteroids?

I cried... laughing so hard when I read these. His drawings below each dictation made it that much funnier but I'm too lazy to scan them.

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Michael Tran said... May 26, 2011 at 10:04 PM

    Cute. The kids sure knows his dinosaurs!

  2. Mel said... May 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM

    Oh my GOD I love this post!

  3. Edwin and Lilly said... June 9, 2011 at 9:41 PM

    He's so cute in the cap and gown! Time really flies...he's so GROWN UP ALREADY! :)

Post a Comment