Wednesday, July 16, 2014

////

Summer birthdays continue

Summer is the time for birthdays. First there's my mom's birthday in June, then my dad's in July, then my birthday in August and then Tyson's birthday a couple days after mine. Whew. And I'm not even counting all the relatives and in-laws who also have summer birthdays because it's a lot. So last weekend, we got together to celebrate my dad's birthday.


In the first picture, one of the boys mistakenly said my dad's gift was pajamas (it was actually a shirt) and Tyson broke into song singing, "Bananas in pajamas are coming down the stairs". That goofball.

For lunch, we went out to eat dim sum at Kim Son. It's Asian. It's different. But more importantly, it's safe. No more dining at non-Asian restaurants. Look at my mom chowin' down on dem chicken feet!


And at night, my dad played with his three (shirtless) grand kids, blew out three candles (because his real age is a mystery), and ate some cake (which he only does on special occasions).


Afterward when we got home, I receive a rare text message from my dad.


My parents are usually "whatever" when it comes to their own birthdays, like I have to drag them out just to go out to eat, but it seems like it meant a lot to my dad. I would have never guessed it.

5 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. tram said... July 17, 2014 at 2:26 AM

    J - you're a good dad AND a good son! well done.

  2. JT said... July 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM

    Thanks! That means a lot to me. :)

  3. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... July 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM

    I can sense your dad is a sentimental kind of uncle..Of course he likes these type of things...He looks so happy!

  4. JT said... July 17, 2014 at 10:18 PM

    Sentimental? No, that's your dad. My dad is very unemotional, that's why his text was surprising. I think the boys are slowly breaking him out of his shell.

  5. Edwin and Lilly said... August 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM

    Such a sweet note from your dad! And so cool your dad can text!!! lol! -Lilly

Post a Comment