Tuesday, August 25, 2015

////

What are you guys having?

That's the question we've been asked frequently and not until recently, we didn't know either. Being that this is our last baby (no lie), why not make it a surprise? We'll find out on the day of delivery. Surprise! But the more that I thought about, the more I needed to know. What if I react negatively when the baby is born? "Ugh! Another boy??" What should we do with all the baby boy clothes? Keep it or donate it? What are we going to name this baby? I don't want to waste any more time thinking of both boy and girl names. I need time to prepare for baby #4.

So last month, we finally found out the gender of the baby but how should we reveal it? We wanted to make it a little special since this is our last baby (I promise). I Googled "gender reveal ideas" but didn't really like any of them, e.g. blue/pink balloons floating out of a box, blue/pink cream oozing out of a cake. I did like the scratch off ticket idea, but none of the designs, so I made my own. I created a replica Texas lottery scratch off ticket. The catch here is that you don't win a prize for guessing right. Instead, you get punished (take a shot of Jägermeister) for guessing wrong.

"Set for life" indeed.

The moment of truth.

The dream of having my own basketball team died.

On Sunday morning, we had our parents over for brunch. My mom comes over with pink flowers and wearing a pink shirt. Huh? Does she know already? Did she already get word from the night before? I get paranoid. I think she knows already. Why all the pink? This sucks.

And as they were stuffing themselves with beignets I just fried up, we presented them with the "lotto tickets". Initially, they didn't know what to do. They thought it was a real lottery scratch off ticket. "Ten dollars? Why so much?" Because it's not real! Shake my head. Then they were going to scratch off both squares. "Oh! You pick what you think!" Sigh. My parents are such FOBs. But once they got it and scratched offed the "winning" square, it was pure elation. My mom cried. She finally gets a girl in her life. (I guess she didn't know.)

Something sweet before the sweet news.

The moms.

Yes, we're finally having a girl.

6 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Unknown said... August 25, 2015 at 9:10 AM

    Congratulations!! And who knows, this girl may run circles around the boys...but let's hope not for sanity's sake :)

  2. JT said... August 25, 2015 at 1:09 PM

    Thanks... unknown person.

  3. Edwin and Lilly said... August 26, 2015 at 9:40 AM

    Congrats, guys!! So happy for y'all!!!!

    Now...while you guys are on a roll.....why say it's your last? :) She needs a sister! (ok j/k.... don't shoot me.)

    And wow....had no idea you can make those lotto tickets. They look so real. I guess I'm a FOB too.... did you seriously print them yourself or ordered them? :)

    Love y'all!

  4. JT said... August 26, 2015 at 4:37 PM

    Thanks! Whatever Lilly, your little boy needs a brother to play with. :)

    Yeah I just designed the lotto tickets on Photoshop and printed them at Office Depot (since we don't have a color printer). Easy peasy.

  5. tram said... August 29, 2015 at 1:42 PM

    Jimmy and Lynn!!!! Just like the Beckhams!!! Congratulations - We love you guys, so so so happy for you and Grandma Huong!!!!

  6. JT said... August 30, 2015 at 9:48 AM

    Thanks Chi Tram! Yes, we're just like the Beckhams minus the fame and fortune.

Post a Comment