Saturday, November 5, 2016

////

Pet Shop Boys concert

As an impressionable kid, I grew up listening to the same music as my friends and family: synthpop/dance pop/electronic music. Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, New Order. And that was back in the early 90's. Flash forward 20 years later and Pet Shop Boys are still touring! I was lukewarm about this. Sure I loved them as a kid but today? Eh. But I've never seen them live and when will I ever get a chance again? So I dragged Lynn along on a random Wednesday night to see my old music idols.


The Pet Shop Boys were playing at White Oak Music Hall, a new outdoor venue in the middle of a shady/questionable neighborhood. No lie, I was a little nervous street parking and walking to and from the venue. So we get there and then wait in the longest line in the history of lines just to get through the gates. The end of the line extended out to the freeway! According to Google, that line was 0.2 miles long which took 4 minutes just to walk to the end of. From there, we had to wait forever to get in. Yuck.

I need an Uber to get to the end of the line.

Our view as we wait.

As for the concert, they sounded surprisingly good. I doubt he was lipsyncing but he sounds exactly the same as he did many years ago, unlike my other favorite 90's group, New Order. But it sucked because they played stuff from their new album. Blah. Just stick to your greatest hits.


0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment