Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Father's Day weekend

Father's Day started early for me with an Astros game on Wednesday night. But why this particular game? To get the Springer bobblehead! The game itself saw Verlander get a career high in strikeouts (15 K's) but unfortunately the 'Stros lost the game in extra innings.

I love that the kids are into watching sports. It gives us a reason to all come together. To root for the same team, for the most part. When it comes to the Premier League, each kid has their own favorite team. The best games are when they go against each other, e.g. Liverpool vs Manchester City. They get so into it. Tears have been shed. But I digress, I like how sports bring us closer together.

👍👍

Astros family.


On Saturday, we headed to Surfside Beach with friends for what is sort of a tradition of going during Father's Day weekend. Grill and chill. Fun in the sun. But I had too much fun in the sun and ended up burnt, looking red like a lobster.

Gotta catch these waves.

So many kids.

Friends and family.


After spending all day at the beach, we headed home to wash up (for only a brief moment) and then headed to Tomball for dinner with my high school friends. (That was a lot of driving in one day.) I love that we don't miss a beat even though we haven't seen each other in a long time, i.e. years.

Our dinner: BBQ and boba.

So many kids (again).


Sunday morning was spent with the in-laws for Father's Day lunch. And dinner was spent at my parent's house to celebrate with my dad/the kids' grandpa.

Father's Day lunch.

I think my dad has a favorite grandkid.

This was the best picture I got. 😑

My dad's cake cutting skills (or lack thereof).


And me, I got Father's Day cards from my favorite artists. It was definitely a fun but exhausting weekend.

All my children.

From Elliot. I love her faces.

From Tyson. "Got" was for Game of Thrones.

From Andrew. He knows I love puns.

From Jacob. Impressive dragon. Is this a Game of Thrones theme?

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment