Tuesday, August 25, 2020

////

Over the hill

This is depressing...

Yep, that's me on a walker.

A walker or walking frame is a tool for disabled people, who need additional support to maintain balance or stability while walking, most commonly due to age-related physical restrictions. (Wikipedia)

That definition is so sad but true. Yes, I'm currently disabled. I can barely walk without pain. And forget about bending over... it's not gonna happen. Was this due to an "age-related physical restriction"? Yeah, most likely.

40 hit me like a ton of bricks.

Just three days after turning 40 years old, I pulled my back (lower back strain).

And this happened after boasting how good and healthy I felt. 40 is the new 20. Age is just a number. (Insert any other age cliche.) I mean, I just hiked a 14er the previous week! 😞

And now this... a crippled old man who struggles at doing basic activities of daily living (ADL). Showering, getting dressed, going to the bathroom... it's all so painful.

But once I recover from this, I'll never take for granted the ability to do basic ADLs. I won't complain about going for a run or exercising. I'll just be grateful that I can.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment