Wednesday, January 18, 2023

////

Houston Half Marathon II

So I lied, again. 

Well, not intentionally lied but instead had a change of heart. 

Let me count the ways...

First, I said we're not having a fourth kid.

Second, I said I'd never buy a minivan.

Third, I said I was done with long distance running.

And I'm sure there are more examples but that's all for now. 😅


Anyway, this run was much more difficult than the one from last year. For starters, I trained even less than last year! The most mileage I put in for a week was only 11 miles, with the longest run being 4 miles. It didn't help that the weather was much warmer and humid than usual. So needless to say, I struggled mightily. 


A few screengrabs ($80 is a bit much to download the originals).

Around the halfway mark, my body started tightening up... hip flexors and calves... and then my right knee started to hurt (again). The goal was to beat our previous time but that didn't happen because my body broke down fast. Lynn did much better than me (again) and I only held her back. 😑

Ignore the watermarks.


But I already registered for next year, 2024. I will actually train for the next one. I want redemption!

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment