Monday, November 12, 2012

////

Date night #2

Last Saturday we had date night #2 (since the awesome arrival of Tyson). These nights are rare so when we do have it, I try to make the most of it. I love my kids very much but for those people without kids... don't take your kid-free life for granted. Go out to eat at all the fancy restaurants. Go travel the world. Go crazy and stay up past 10 pm. Okay, that should be the last time I mention that.

Date night began with dinner at Max's Wine Dive. The meal began with their mac and cheese. This was a "fancier" version as there was no trace of the yellow cheeses (cheddar, Velveeta) and you can definitely taste the Gruyère. I washed it down with a St. Arnold's beer and I would have been satisfied with that but no, this is date night. Lynn ordered their famous fried chicken and I got their burger. The fried chicken was very good but I would have been just as happy with a box of chicken from Popeye's. I'm not too picky when it comes to fried chicken just as long as it's not that shit from Church's. As for my burger, I immediately knew that it was going to be good when hot juices squirted onto my hands with my first bite. The entire meal was excellent but I overstuffed myself (because it was so good).

A drawing of my dinner created on MS Paint.

Then it was off to Jones Hall to see Good vs Evil, an evening with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert. Bourdain is very honest and blunt on many topics, which can be a turn off for many, but that's why I like him. I don't know much about Ripert, besides being known as a top chef, but their different personalities and chemistry made this show very funny and entertaining.

Sitting in the front row... of the balcony.

Bourdain mentioned that his favorite country he visited was Vietnam (yes!) and that his guilty pleasure was the mac and cheese from KFC, which he said may or may not even be cheese. Great show. Great night. Good night.

Who doesn't like this?

1 Reaction to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... November 13, 2012 at 12:17 PM

    you went to see Bourdain! I was going too, but Amber's confirmation ended that notion... I saw Bourdain about two years ago and he was so cool! How fun Jimmy!

Post a Comment