Wednesday, November 28, 2012

////

Thanksgiving weekend

Once Halloween came, time went exponentially fast. And it will probably remain that way through the new year. The boys actually had the whole week off for the Thanksgiving break but mine began Wednesday afternoon. Here's a quick recap.

Wednesday.
We hung out at Hermann park and let the boys ride their bikes around. Typical Houston November weather... running around in shorts. And I was wearing a tank (not pictured).


And we had dinner outside at one of our favorite spots, Mission Burrito.



Thanksgiving Day.
In the morning I played football with family and friends in what seems to be an annual tradition. The good news was that none of the old guys (myself included) injured themselves.

For lunch, Thanksgiving was with Lynn's side of the family at her grandma's house. The Texans vs Lions game was quite exciting but we missed the dramatic ending since I had to go home to cook a turkey for later that night.

Our families came over to our house for dinner. When the day finally ended, I was pooped.

The bird.

My modest plate.

The boys eating their dessert. Ty chose Fla-Vor-Ice over pumpkin pie.




Black Friday.
But I guess I wasn't that exhausted since I naturally woke up at 6 am. I figured since I'm up so early, I may as well check out the Black Friday deals so I headed out to the local Target and Walmart. Surprisingly, there was no chaos and everything was clearly displayed for easy access. With no real agenda, I ended up going home with a couple things. Most of my shopping was done online.

Stuff I bought.


Saturday.
We went to Planet Wow for Lauren's birthday party. It consisted on huge slides, moonwalks and obstacles. The kids (and adults) had fun.


Afterwards we went to CityCentre to get some sweets at Sweet.


Then at night we all hung out at Peter's house and I got to experience the world's most expensive massage chair.


Sunday.
This day was spent doing what we always do on most Sundays... clean! It's the usual triple dumping of the kids to my parents' house and Lynn and I are cleaning/organizing the disaster left from two young boys and a wild baby running amok. It's never ending.

4 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Julie said... November 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

    I love how my mom's and your mom's pants matched your table napkins!

  2. JT said... November 29, 2012 at 9:19 AM

    Yeah I didn't realize it until I looked through the pictures. Hilarious.

  3. Michael Tran said... November 30, 2012 at 7:49 AM

    What? no video or picture of the 'most expensive massage chair'?!?!

  4. JT said... November 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

    Haha. I was too busy enjoying the massage chair. Cousin Pete can provide you with a picture.

Post a Comment