Tuesday, April 14, 2015

////

Andrew's rough morning

This is a picture of Andrew crying for the second time that morning. The first time was my fault. During his soccer game, Andrew looked spaced out. Balls would easily get past him. The opponents would out hussle him. He was constantly looking around. Very distracted. Then I yelled, "Andrew! Come on! Wake up!". And when he was subbed out, that's when he broke down and cried. "I don't want to play soccer anymore! I'm not good enough! Papa will yell at me!" Damn. I felt like total shit. #1 asshole dad right here. But I know he could play better. Just that day, he was moving half speed. Slow motion.

It took awhile to calm him down. I promised that I wouldn't yell anymore and just explained that he was better than the effort he was putting out there. So eventually he went back into the game and a few minutes later, the soccer ball was kicked right in his face. Boom! He didn't initially cry. He held his mouth and just stood there. We waved him over to the sidelines to see if he was okay and that's when he opened his mouth and blood gushed out. Oh snap! His front tooth is missing! Our reaction didn't make it any better and that's when the tears started flowing.

But the tears didn't last too long and he recovered fairly quick. After the game, both teams helped in looking for his missing tooth. Jacob ended up finding it semi-buried in the dirt (and the "tooth fairy" rewarded him for his efforts.) But yeah, that was one rough morning for Andrew. :(

Andrew smiling with tooth in hand.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... April 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM

    Poor baby! But I can't believe you guys actually found a needle in the haystack. Kudos!

  2. JT said... April 14, 2015 at 6:00 PM

    Yeah I was surprised too. I grabbed a small white pebble (to pass off as his tooth) just in case we couldn't find it. But thanks to Jacob's hawk eye vision, I didn't have to go that route.

Post a Comment