Friday, February 14, 2014

////

Bobby Deen wrote a cookbook

You might be asking, Bobby who? You know, Paula Deen’s younger son... the one who was in the news lately for being a racist. (The mom, not the son.) Being from the South, is anyone really surprised? I mean, who isn’t racist? I’m sure my mom’s racist and I still like her. But anyway, that’s Paula Deen, who I don’t really care for but I’m a fan of her son. His show, Not My Mama’s Meals, is about making healthier alternatives to his mom's calorie-dense, heart clogging recipes.


His new book Everyday Eats just came out this past Tuesday and I got to see him the next day at a book signing here in Houston. It's fun to go to these and hear their personal stories... getting a glimpse behind the curtain if you will. But I didn't want to go by myself so I dragged Jacob with me. (There's a lot of things I won't do by myself but that's a whole topic itself.)


He's got this radiance, presence about him, that makes you want to invite him over for dinner. He's super friendly and seems really down to Earth. If this is all an act, he certainly fooled me.

Jacob's thinking, "What's so special about him?"

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment