Wednesday, September 4, 2024

////

I'm done...

Sayonara.

Just as soon as I started (again), I stopped. I'm done training jiu jitsu. 

Because of my current neck injury (which won't seem to ever heal at this point) I have to train differently and it's so frustrating. My mindset going to the gym was "don't get hurt" which means play it safe and not take risks... but that also means no growth. No balls, no baby. Jiu jitsu is about taking risks, trying out new techniques to improve your game. But the thing is techniques don't lie. If not done correctly, you're going to end up in a worst position and/or getting submitted. Basically, smashed.

Reaggravating my neck injury (which I did a few times during my short stint) and living in constant pain was not worth the pursuit of the black belt.

But I don't think I'll give it up completely. I'll probably do random open mats (when a jiu jitsu school's mats are available for free training without a class structure or instructor) or train at home. But as for training consistently at a single gym/school, I'm done. ✌

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment