Sunday, June 5, 2011

////

Getting the boot

My mom has finally forced me completely out of their house. (I can't say the same about my older brother but that's a whole topic by itself.) I haven't really lived with my parents since graduating high school but my stuff has always been there. Even when they moved into a new house a couple years ago, so did my stuff. Until recently all of my stuff have been in boxes, stored in a corner of an extra room. My mom would consistently nag me to take those boxes and/or trash them and I would agree but really had no intentions on doing so (I'm too lazy). But then my boxes were moved into the open living area and she threaten to throw everything away. Geez. I understand that she wants a clean house but to throw away all of my possessions? After ridding of all my "junk", I will no longer have any presence in that house, except for a few family pictures with the boys but that's only because I gave it to them to hang or display. If When Jacob and Andrew move out, I would think that I'd keep some of their material possessions in the house, as a reminder of them once living here, something tangible. Within the pile of stuff to be sorted, I found various gifts that I gave my mom as a kid, from plush animals to handmade crafts. Obliviously she never cared for them as it ended up in this pile to be trashed. Thanks mom. I know she cares for me but I feel so rejected. Now I know where I got my heartlessness from. To appease her I've been slowly cleaning/sorting/trashing a couple boxes every time I visit and came across some gems I couldn't bare to throw away.


The Trapper Keeper was so awesome. Why don't they sell them anymore? The modern day, updated version of the Trapper Keeper consists of a simple color, no bad ass designs, and is closed with a button. Lame. It needs Velcro... gotta hear the ripppp. I asked Jacob if he liked my exotic cars folder featuring a Ferrari and he said, "I don't like old, fast cars. Just new ones." Hmmm it was new when I got the folder. Yes, I'm old.



I posted this ad on the huge bulletin board in The Union at UT during the 1998-99 school year. I forget if $900 for a computer was fair market value but I'm guessing it wasn't as only one person responded to the ad. My ad looks so cheesy, "over $1000 worth of software" all of which were bootleg. This computer is actually still in use for my parents' business, running monthly invoices on a DOS based software. What's even more incredible is that they have yet to turn the computer off! My mom is paranoid that something might go wrong (computer error or whatever) if she turns it off and on everyday so she avoids that issue by leaving it on 24/7. There's really no one there that can troubleshoot any issues that may arise... come to think of it, I wonder if she even knows how to turn the computer off, besides pulling the power cord.


This is a whole year of organic chemistry on one page. This is what I used to study for my final exam. I remember I stayed up all night before the exam but not to study... I was playing Counterstrike with my friend Justin who had brought his computer over solely to play. I'm pretty sure he was already done with his exams. As for me, I already got accepted into pharmacy school and just needed a passing grade for the course. Studying is overrated.

4 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. tram said... June 7, 2011 at 1:15 AM

    organic chemistry!!!!! Looks insane!!! You're such a smart kid.

  2. Mel said... June 7, 2011 at 9:06 AM

    This is all awesome.

  3. j said... June 7, 2011 at 11:33 PM

    the acer? i remember la machina!

  4. JT said... June 8, 2011 at 11:55 PM

    Yes, it's the Acer. It's quite mind blowing that it has lasted this long.

Post a Comment