Saturday, November 12, 2011

////

My little paleontologist

In a previous post, I mentioned that Jacob had asked me what's my favorite dinosaur from the Triassic period, at which point I tried to BS my answer and failed miserably. So I followed up and asked him what was his favorite dinosaur from that time period. He responded with, "Coelophysis and Herrerasurus." Geez. He didn't name one but two dinosaurs. And I'm not even sure he's right but there's no way that I'll doubt him.

He has incredible memory and if something interests him, e.g. cars, snakes, then he will read and absorb everything like a sponge. The other day while playing make-believe, Andrew said these two dinosaurs (pointing at two dinosaurs from one of their many reference books) will fight. At which point, Jacob got mad and said, "They can't fight together! He's from the Jurassic and he's Cretaceous." Duh Andrew. How can they fight each other if the other one doesn't even exist.


This is a list of my favorite dinosaurs that Jacob wanted to write for me. Apparently favorite means more than one and he kept saying "and..." after I named one, and then two and so on. As long as there was space left on this sheet of paper, he wanted me to name another "favorite" dinosaur.


This is a picture of my favorite dinosaur, the brachiosaurus. Yes, only one this time. We'll see how long this dinosaur phase lasts but by the looks of it, I don't think his interest is going to let up anytime soon.

2 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

Post a Comment