Wednesday, May 7, 2014

////

Kids love to party on weekends

If you ask any parent what their plans are for the weekend, more times than not, it will involve a kid's party (either attending or hosting one). And the more kids you have, the higher the chance you will be spending your weekend at a kid's party. And if you have a big extended family, forget about it. Last weekend was more of the same (celebrated Collin's birthday at the Kemah Boardwalk) but this time I went without parental help (Lynn) or my eldest, helpful son (Jacob) and brought Andrew and Tyson with me. This had disaster written all over it.

The picture above is of the boys when I arrived at Kemah. There's something about car rides that will put the boys to sleep. It's just as good as taking an Ambien. Great, I thought... now I have to deal with tired, groggy kids. But to my surprise, it wasn't that bad at all. I mean, it's not really fun as a parent to constantly watch them, carry all their stuff, make sure they're not hungry, take them to the restroom, etc. but you do it for them... the kids. And their happiness makes it worth it.
I didn't intend to get all serious but I did. I had to keep it short since my weekly deadline is minutes away and I'm really sleepy. So much for the sad (but funny) story of Tyson's blue balloon floating away in the clear blue skies. "Balloon flying..." as Tyson would constantly repeat with a single tear drop down his cheek.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment