Tuesday, August 24, 2021

////

Elliot's first day of school

First day of kindergarten.

My future Bob Ross.

She was pretty calm in the morning.

Chatting it up with her big brother (who started school the following day).

School staff walked her to the class room, i.e. no parents allowed, which was probably for the best. 

When it was time for pick up, she came out crying... :( 

At the end of the week, her teacher took the time to email us the following:

We made it through the first week of school! I'm so happy to have Elliot in my class this year! She's such a sweet girl! She's also very shy and quiet. I'm working with her on opening up a little more. She's definitely gotten more comfortable as the week has gone on and I think we'll get there after a few more weeks! She has shown to have great fine motor skills this week! I'm excited to see what other strengths she exhibits as time goes on! If you have any questions or need anything from me, please let me know!

On a side note, we didn't take the usual first day of school pictures with the other kids. We have a sophomore in high school, a teenage 8th grader in junior high, and a big boy 5th grader in elementary school. At what point do you stop? I guess in our case, now.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment