Sunday, February 1, 2015

////

My mom is addicted to emoji

When it comes to technology, my parents are stuck in the past. They are so slow to evolve but lately, they've made some progress. My dad now knows how to use email and send text messages. Every time I see him now, he's always on his phone or iPad watching random videos on YouTube. My mom on the other hand is much slower in adapting to new technology (due to the lack of interest). But I recently bought my mom her first ever smart phone, which forced her to finally get with the times.

She was already familiar with text messaging but was used to the old school, flip phone (pre-QWERTY) texting, which is so yuck nowadays. I showed her the texting app and how you can swipe the word, instead of punching each individual letter (or in her case, hitting a number pad to get letters).


But one feature that she discovered on her own was the use of emoji. I mean, she uses it in every text message. And sometimes, it doesn't even make sense. I think she just likes using it for the sake of using it. She's addicted!

3 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. One Thu We !!! said... February 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM

    Jimmy...I was going to post about your mom...You beat me to it...LOL

  2. JT said... February 5, 2015 at 4:35 PM

    Wait, my mom text messages you too??

  3. Julie said... February 6, 2015 at 4:37 PM

    how cute!!

Post a Comment