Tuesday, April 12, 2011

////

More cupcakes


Looks can be deceiving.



I was driving yesterday to one of my facilities in Clear Lake Shores, TX and came across Delesandri's Gourmet Cupcakes, a tiny shop right by the waterfront. I've driven that road multiple times but just now noticed it. I can't pass up cupcakes, especially "gourmet" ones, so I had to get some (I'll never win my weight loss bets at this rate). I got the strawberry cream cloud, red velvet, chocolate mint, and carrot cupcake. The cupcakes were dry. The red velvet was borderline nasty. The carrot cupcake was different, in a not so good way. The strawberry was lackluster. The only one that was decent was the chocolate mint cupcake which was topped off with an Andes mint candy. Maybe it was the candy that made it good. I really wanted to like this place, being a locally owned family business but the cupcakes were not good. The only place worse than this is the Cupcake Coach truck, which you might find around downtown Houston.


Delesandri's Gourmet Cupcakes
★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

6 Reactions to this post

Add Comment
  1. Mel said... April 12, 2011 at 4:21 PM

    Disappointing.

    More cupcakes, please!

  2. tram said... April 13, 2011 at 12:04 AM

    keep them coming, Jimmy!

  3. JT said... April 13, 2011 at 9:42 AM

    Wow. You guys REALLY love cupcakes.

  4. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... April 13, 2011 at 5:55 PM

    I still eat the pink one, even if you tell me the suck...
    Have you tried the strawberry cupcake @ Dessert Gallery?
    Extremely MOIST.

  5. JT said... April 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

    No, but I will definitely try them (after June 30). Have you tried their Mom's chocolate cake? It's the best chocolate cake ever. Ever!

  6. Click, Click, Caption This.... said... April 14, 2011 at 1:42 PM

    After Hayden's B-Day...I'm eating EVERYTHING

Post a Comment