Sunday, February 27, 2011

////

Houston zoo, deals and shopping

The title may seem random but it's all related. We had coupons for the Houston zoo for buy one adult ticket, get one child ticket for free which expires at the end of the month so we had to put it to use. As Dave Chappelle puts it, "who can pass up a sale son?" So Saturday we took the kids (and my mom and brother) to the Houston Zoo. Bad timing. We got there a little before 11 am and the parking lot was filled to capacity. After 20 mins or so we found a spot at the other end of Hermann park. So we get there and wait for my mom and brother since they took a separate car. We waited and waited until about 40 mins later they arrive. They had parked in the medical center and walked 2-3 miles. Yuck. The zoo was fun. We had our wagon and stockpile of snacks and drinks. We gave Jacob the map and he wanted to see specific animals, namely the cheetah (his favorite animal), the other big cats, the aquarium (which they dogged since they've been spoiled by the Houston Aquarium) and the snakes and reptiles. They give me the chills~~.

It was a good day, except for the fact that I broke my eye frames. So in the process of looking for new frames, I get an itch to buy other things. Every so often I get an urge to shop, to splurge, and it's happening right now. So far I bought a couple shirts, two pairs of shoes, an external hard drive and a blood pressure machine (yeah I know, random).

This week I'm hoping to begin my exercise and diet routine so this weekend I've been eating some of my favorite, non-healthy foods before I start... kind of a last meal thing. I had the Burnin' Love burger at Red Robin and a chicken burrito at Chipotle, because I had a coupon for that too.

Here's a BOGO free coupon for Chipotle. Expires 3/3/11.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment