Sunday, February 13, 2011

////

Lost in translation

Friday I craved those raisin cupcakes that my late grandma used to make so I asked my mom for the recipe. I got the ingredients (bột = flour, đường = sugar), all but one. That last mysterious ingredient was something nổi, something that rises. I asked is it baking powder or yeast? She didn't know. She just told me it comes in a packet and it's made in France. Geez thanks. So I made it using yeast since it came in a packet (should have know it's baking powder, since I am baking... duh). Needless to say, it didn't turn out correctly.




Saturday we took the kids to see the Imagination Movers show at Verizon Wireless Theater, which was our birthday gift to Jacob. Our luck we sat behind some obese dad who had the worst B.O. ever! At first I was thinking what's that smell? Is someone eating some nasty food? It smelled like funky corn chips. The way he was sitting didn't help the situation either, with his left arm over the chair, airing out his funky arm pits. Fritos will never been the same for me ever again. Luckily, there were empty seats next to me so we just moved over. If there weren't any empty seats, what's a person to do? Ask him to put his arm down? Ask the attendants if we can move because this guy stinks? It was bad!

Afterward we went to CoCo's crepes for some savory crepes and gelato. We sat outside in the awesome weather, if only the weather could be like that everyday. Good quality time with family.

My little chocolate Hitler. -->

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment