Sunday, March 6, 2011

////

Pho, burgers, and breakfast burger?

On Monday I made a big pot of pho for dinner. (I think I finalized my recipe, debating on whether I should post it up or not.) The plan was to eat it again the next day and freeze the rest so we don't get sick of it. Wednesday comes and there's nothing to eat so it's pho again. And again on Thursday. Repeat on Friday. I'm pho-ed out.

Saturday for lunch we ate at Mooyah. Here you order your burger with any toppings you want and pay extra for cheese and bacon... it's like a Five Guys. My usual order is the junior burger (I don't need the extra patty of meat) with grilled onions, jalapenos and Mooyah sauce. It not a huge burger like those 1/2 lb burgers, which is a reason why I like it, but it will fill you up. Overall, I like it for what it is even though there are many bad reviews for this place. It's not going to compare with Red Robin and Five Guys is not that much better, if at all.

Mooyah Burgers and Fries
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Order for Boris? Yeah, that's me.

Later that day we went to a friend's 1st birthday party. One thing about parties, I can't stop eating... and just when I'm starting to be "good" about my diet. Not that I'm on a strict diet (as seen with the burger for lunch) but I'm not overly stuffing myself, eat only when hungry kind of thing. But if food is in front of me, I can't help myself. And at this party, food was everywhere. It's like that corny joke, I'm on a SEE-food diet. I see it, I eat it. Har Har. All that exercise I did that morning down the drain.

This morning I wanted to grab brunch at Andre's in Rice Village, going specifically for the brioche french toast and a side of pommes frites (who needs meat). We got there and there was a sign on the door stating they no longer serve brunch at that location. Devastation. We ended up at Ruggles. I had the bleu cheese burger. It was good as always but just a little weird eating a burger that early in the day when our intent was to get breakfast food. I'm burger-ed out now.

Ruggles Cafe Bakery
Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Breakfast of champions.

0 Reactions to this post

Add Comment

    Post a Comment